Careers at Blue Sky Car Wash!
Blue Sky Car Wash, a new express car wash chain located in the Norther Columbus metro area, is looking for a general manager. General Manager will oversee daily operations of the wash including, but not limited to, maintenance, customer service, hiring, scheduling, and inventory. Additionally, the manager will have bottom line responsibility for the profitability of the wash and will work closely with ownership.
The company seeks an individual who possesses a mechanical aptitude, has outstanding interpersonal skills and solid computer skills, and can manage hourly staff. Car wash experience is a plus but not a requirement. To be considered for this position an applicant needs to possess a unique set of skills, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
Benefits include: Salary commensurate with experience, annual bonus tied to the profitability of the car wash, health care insurance allowance, vacation and training.
This is a salaried position, and the work week will typically be 40-45 hours a week. Longer hours are to be expected during our busy season, which is January through March. The extra hours are offset with occasional weeks during the other months that are less than 40 hours, due to rainy days when the wash may be open shorter hours.
If you are a motivated, ambitious person interested in managing a team in a fast-paced environment, please apply at www.blueskywash.com.
- Manage hourly staff (12-14 people), including daily supervision, scheduling, payroll, hiring and disciplinary action if needed
- Perform opening and closing duties
- Perform and/or coordinate vendor to perform preventive maintenance on equipment
- Perform and/or coordinate vendor to perform repairs on equipment
- Handle customer service questions, complaints and small claims
- Operate wash efficiently with a goal of no down time
- Assist in managing costs and waste, to maximize profitability
- Complete other duties as assigned by owners
- 5 years of job experience in a customer-facing role
- 2+ years express/full-service car wash experience or auto care industry preferred, but not necessary
- 2+ years of experience managing employees
- Outstanding customer service skills – ability to remain calm and friendly in difficult situations
- Solid computer skills and ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Open availability, days, weekends, mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- High ethical standards
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- A focus on following process, safety standards and guidance from owners
Assistant Site Manager
Blue Sky Car Wash – Full-time assistant manager position
In this position, you will be required to perform all job functions during your shift as well as manage, direct and delegate tasks to other associates. Perform site manager duties when the site manager is off.
Essential Job Functions
- Handle day-to-day job functions: loading, sales, cleaning tasks
- Maintain high customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment
- Handle difficult customer situations with a cool head
- Manage and direct staff
- Perform basic maintenance of equipment and maintain a clean facility
- Assist manager and maintenance manager with duties as assigned
- Handle computer-related tasks accurately: Micrologic updates, running reports, email and basic Microsoft Office knowledge
- Experience in supervisor/team leadership capacity in a customer-service related industry
- Sales and customer service background
- Some college or technical school training helpful
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest in the car wash industry
- Comfortable directing work of others
- Ability to learn quickly
- Have attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude and DIY skills, and interest in learning more
- Strong interpersonal skills, friendly, genuinely likes working with people
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Comfortable selling (monthly plans, gift cards, cleaning kits, etc.)
- Ability to work outdoors in all seasons and available to work evenings and weekends
- Capable of bending, standing and walking for long periods of time
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Driver’s license
To be discussed during interview. This is a salaried position, requires availability weekends, holidays, days and evenings. Work week generally 40-44 hours. Eligible for bonuses and commissions.
Field Service Tech
Field Service Tech
Blue Sky Car Wash is looking for a service technician. But not just any tech. We want a jack-of-all-trades, masters of mechanics, hydraulic systems expert, voltage equipment master, troubleshooting whiz. You get to experiment, create, and fix all things car wash. Each day is an adventure in problem-solving, solution-generating and serving our company in all ways needed. Could this finally be your chance feel like a star?
• If you ache and groan when you bend over or stand up, this isn’t the job for you.
• If you have to Google what schematics are, this isn’t the job for you.
• If you need a push to get going, please apply at one of our competitors.
Think you’re the service tech we’re looking for? Apply today!
Not quite sure you’re a good fit? Here’s the job description translated into corporate speak.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all car wash machinery and equipment
• Responsible to maintain and make needed facility repairs as needed
• Performs preventative maintenance and adjustments on all equipment
• Keeps accurate records, logs and schedules of completed and future maintenance
• Maintains tools, test equipment, materials and supplies for both wash equipment and facilities
• Keeps tidy, organized and clean facilities
• Performs all tasks with safety in mind and utilizes all safety tools and protective equipment. Trains and coaches all staff on safety and proper use of protective supplies and equipment
• Install new car wash and facility equipment.
• 3+ years of experience in the car wash industry or related field
• Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, mechanical, and high/low voltage equipment
• Motivated and able to work without direct supervision
• Ability to multitask and troubleshoot issues
• Attention to detail and quality of work
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to read schematics and communicate effectively
• Clean driving record
Required: Availability, days, evenings and weekends and during business emergencies
• Full-time employment
• Competitive pay and benefits
• Medical and dental benefits packages
• Tuition reimbursement and student loan assistance
• Paid vacation and holidays
Don't See What You're Looking For?- Apply Here
We're always hiring great people. Apply here to join our rapidly growing family business built on a promote from within culture.
We will find a position that best fits your expereince, skills and desires. We always have room for great people on our team.